The Community Workshop Series (CWS; cws.web.unc.edu) is a partnership between UNC’s School of Information & Library Science (SILS) and three local libraries to offer vital digital literacy skills to local community members.
As the coordinator for the program, I developed programming to train our students who wanted to teach our classes, and I worked with students who were teaching classes to improve their teaching. I also developed a few new classes for CWS and worked to improve the curricula for various classes that we offer. As part of this position, I also worked to improve the assessment of the program and our classes offered and conducted regular collection and analysis of assessment data.
- Recruited and retained volunteers
- Facilitated and organized training for volunteers
- Coordinated with faculty and staff at SILS and library partners
- Updated and improved the CWS website
- Collected and analyzed feedback on courses through data analysis
- Edited handouts and designed or redesigned courses